1. Mr. Saeed Al Malik is a UAE National, graduated in Business Administration from the Loma Linda University in Riverside California, United States.
2. Started his career as a credit officer in Commercial Bank of Dubai. Later, he moved to Citibank. He became a Manager and further a Credit Committee Member of Citibank. Mr. Malik has worked in the Corporate Credit Department of Citibank for a good term, which gave him very good exposure to the management of large corporates – not only assessing their financials but also looking into management profiles and their credibility, corporate governance etc. He has attended many courses and seminars in banking, Human Resource Management, Management Skills etc. from Citibank.
3. He established Middle East Shipstores in the year 1993 as his own business. The Company established itself as a major ship supplier for vessels calling UAE Ports. Since then, he is actively involved in the business of the Company as the President and Chairman of Middle East Fuji LLC.
4. He is the founding member of UAE National Ship Supplier Association (UNSSA) and heads UNSSA as the President from its inception in 1999 until 31st December 2017.
5. He has successfully hosted and managed the International Ship Suppliers and Services Association (ISSA) Conference and Exhibition in Dubai in the year 2002 under the Patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President of UAE and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai. The ISSA 2010 Conference and Exhibition was again hosted by him under the Patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum. The recent ISSA 2016 Conference and Exhibition was held in Dubai under the Patronage of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai.
6. Mr. Malik was first elected to the Executive Committee of ISSA as an Executive Vice President in the year 2010. He continues as a member of the Council since then, continuously been re-elected and currently the International Ship Suppliers and Services Association (ISSA) President.
7. Mr. Malik is the Vice Chairman of Dubai Maritime Advisory Council, established in the year 2015.
8. Mr. Malik is a member of the Board of Trustees of Emirates Maritime Arbitration Centre (EMAC).
9. Mr. Malik commenced his 3-year term for the position as International Ship Suppliers and Services Association (ISSA) President on 1st January 2018. I.S.S.A. is the international association representing nearly 2,000 ship suppliers throughout the world.